London Buses route 224 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between St Raphael's Estate and Wembley Stadium, it is operated by Metroline.
Route 224 commenced operating on 24 February 1990 between Willesden Junction Station and North Wembley Preston Hotel via Acton Lane - Park Royal ASDA - (double run shop hours) - Heather Park - Alperton Stn - (double run) Wembley - Park Lane - Preston Road as a Monday to Saturday service. The route was initially operated by CentreWest from their Alperton (ON) garage using MCW Metrobuses. The route was introduced to replace the withdrawn section of route 226 between North Wembley and Park Royal.
In 1991, the route was converted to minibus operation using Alexander bodied Mercedes-Benz 811Ds.
On 21 January 1995, it was withdrawn between North Wembley and Wembley Stadium Station, with this section being taken over by new route 223.
In 1995, the Alexander bodied Mercedes-Benz 811Ds were replaced by Wright Handybus bodied Dennis Darts and a Sunday service was introduced.
On 13 October 2001, the route was retained by First London using low floor Marshall Capital bodied Dennis Dart SLFs.
On 14 October 2006, the route was retained by First London.
On 15 October 2011, the route was retained by First London. On the same date, the route was withdrawn between Harlesden Station and Willesden Junction and diverted via route 206 to St Raphael's Estate.
In 2012, the Marshall Capital bodied Dennis Dart SLFs were replaced by brand new Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Darts.
- St Raphael's Estate Pitfield Way
- Brent Park Tesco
- Neasden Temple
- Harlesden Station
- Central Middlesex Hospital Bus Station
- Park Royal Asda
- Park Royal Iveagh Avenue
- Alperton Sainsbury's
- Alperton Station
- Wembley Central Station
- Wembley Stadium Station
Previous route 224sEdit
- Until 22 April 1978 an Uxbridge to Laleham route 224 ran via Yiewsley, West Drayton and Staines. The 224B (see below) was renumbered 224 in March 1979.
- Between 16 February 1955 and 16 January 1971 route 224A ran from Uxbridge to West Drayton.
- Between 23 January 1957 and 27 May 1989 an Uxbridge to Stockley Park route 224B (renumbered 224 in March 1979) ran via Cowley, Yiewsley and West Drayton. (replaced by route U5).
- Between 14 March 1961 and 8 May 1963 route 224C ran from Uxbridge to West Drayton or Heathrow (peak times).